We will be offering a camp the week of August 13-17, 9am-3pm, for children ages 3-7, for $250/child.
Buddha Babies, our fall early childhood education class, begins August 27, 2018. It is designed for children 20 months – 3 year and will meet 9am-12pm, Monday and Wednesday.
Email us to start your application process!
Drawing from aspects of the Montessori and Reggio Emilia approaches to early childhood education, Buddha Babies’ play and mindfulness-based program supports young children’s social, emotional, and cognitive learning through:
- Child-centered learning that follows the children’s individual interests;
- Teacher-supported imaginative play and creative arts;
- Storytelling and storyacting;
- Mindful approaches to social and emotional development;
- A focus on helping children establish independence and self-sufficiency by providing them with meaningful responsibilities in caring for themselves, their peers, and their classroom; and
- A small class size.
The program is directed and taught by a teacher with extensive experience with young children, a graduate degree in early childhood education, and a strong mindfulness practice. Learn more here.
“I believe that one of the most deeply human, and humane, of [the human] faculties is the power of the imagination: so that it is our pleasant duty, as librarians, or teachers, or parents, or writers, or simply as grownups, to encourage that faculty of imagination in our children, to encourage it to grow freely, to flourish like the green bay tree, by giving it the best, absolutely the best and purest, nourishment that it can absorb. And never, under any circumstances, to squelch it, or sneer at it, or imply that it is childish, or unmanly, or untrue.”
-Ursula K. Le Guin (1993)